Friday, August 13, 2021

NorCal 80/40/20A Transceiver Build Project

 

Sorting Parts for Power Supply Stage

Back in 2017 I built a NorCal 40A Transceiver using a beta pcb that was given to me. My transceiver works but I was never happy with its performance. So I decided to build another 40A, 80A, and 20A in unison as a learning experience and to have fun! I am using the NorCal 40A Revision 2.0 pcb that is archived on the qrptech@groups.io forum in the Files section.

This is my test jig I use for building stuff.

Back in May of 2019 I decided to build a test jig to make it more user friendly when testing the circuits I built. A few days ago I added a homebrew audio amp module so I don't have to tie up another audio amplifier in the shack.

Power Supply and Audio stages pass the testing phase. 
This is my NorCal 40A pcb.

The next stage to build is the AGC and Mute circuits.
More to follow...

August 13, 2021
Alan Jones
N8WQ



No comments:

Post a Comment